Kohler & Campbell. SKG-530s Player Piano
Kohler & Campbell. SKG-530s
With Piano Disc PDS 228 CFX
The 228CFX offered users an all in one control unit which played:
• 3.5” floppy disks
• Specially formatted PianoCDs
• Music Expansion (MX) flash memory storage or MX PlatinumAll PDS-228CFX units are equipped with an internal floppy drive. The PDS-228CFX is
able to read many music formats, including PianoDisc’s extensive music library. If you
have a computer, you can even create your own music disks and play them in your
PianoDisc system. In Floppy Disk Mode, you can also record music from your piano
(requires a Record Option), as well as customize disks. The following is a summary of
the PDS-228CFX’s floppy disk capabilities:
• Plays the piano and the SymphonyPro (or external sound module).
• Reads PianoDisc Double Sided Double Density (DSDD) and Double Sided High
Density (DSHD) floppy disks.
• Reads PianoSoft™ DSDD floppy disks.
• Reads PC-formatted DSDD and DSHD disks containing Standard MIDI Type 0 files.
• Reads educational Standard MIDI Type 0 disks and allows the left hand, right hand, or
both to be toggled.
• Records to PianoDisc floppy disks.
• Formats PianoDisc floppy disks.
• Allows individual songs to be renamed or erased from PianoDisc floppy disks.
• Allows a customized playback order (via Producer Mode) on PianoDisc disks.
• Stores up to 70 songs on PianoDisc disks.
• Stores up to 70 songs on PianoSoft disks.
• Stores up to 99 songs on PC–formatted disks.
All PDS-228CFX units are equipped to play PianoDisc PianoCDs. These special CDs
contain piano data as well as digital audio accompaniment (on selected titles). The use
of digital audio allows the piano performance to be complemented by live orchestration
and vocals. The following is a summary of the PDS–228CFX’s CD capabilities:
• Plays the piano and provides digital audio accompaniment (on selected titles).
• Reads PianoDisc PianoCDs.
• Reads standard audio CDs (without piano playback).
• Supports an external CD changer with a combination of PianoCDs and standard audio
CDs (see page 45 for information about the AutoBypass feature).
• Supports up to 99 songs on each disc.
• Provides treble and bass tone controls.
The best way to play PianoDisc CDs is through an internal or external PianoCD player.
You can also connect a standard CD player to your PDS-228CFX but some of the functionality
of CD Mode is not available. The following is a summary of the features gained
by using an internal or external PianoCD player:
• Full control of transport features (play/pause,stop/eject, scan and fast forward/reverse)
from the front panel of the PDS-228CFX and the IR remote.
• Player piano awareness means that you can scan between songs, fast forward, or fast
reverse without adversely affecting playback.
• AutoPlay and GlobalRepeat features can automatically start playback of the CD.
• Song number is displayed on the PDS-228CFX if an internal PianoCD player is
installed. An external PianoCD player displays the song number on its own display.
• Direct song number selection via the IR remote.
• Shuffle is available from the front panel and IR remote when an internal PianoCD player
is installed. An external PianoCD player supports Shuffle via the IR remote, or from
the front panel of the PianoCD player.
• No need to adjust audio levels to make a PianoCD player compatible with PDS-