Rieger-Kloss 185 Studio 6'1' Grand Piano
This piano is in excellent condition and includes a built-in humidity control system. It has been privately owned since 2002; its prior owner was the National Cathedral in Washington, DC.
Rieger-Kloss originated in 1873 in the Bohemia and Moravia region of former Czechoslovakia. Following World War II, the Czech government expelled the owners and workers of the original Rieger firm (who had fought for Germany) from Czechoslovakia, and nationalized the Rieger company. In 1948 they were merged with the workshop of Josef Kloss, which had also been nationalized, to form a new company called Rieger-Kloss. The Bohemia Piano Co. in the Czech Republic originally exported to the U.S.A. as Rieger-Kloss pianos for the Weber Piano Co. The factory that made Rieger-Kloss pianos was privatized in 1993. Rieger-Kloss pianos are now manufactured in Jihlava/Iglau, Czech Republic and sold under the Bohemia brand name in the U.S.A.