© Brookside Press LLC, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from the author is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Brookside Press LLC with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
If you are looking for ADS FOR PIANO-RELATED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES and don't see any here, please turn off the AD-BLOCKING FEATURE in your web browser, or list www.pianobuyer.com as an EXCEPTION.
Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN) introduced bill S.2587.
Rep. Steve Daines (R-MT-At Large) introduced bill H.R.5052.
It is important to contact your representatives now to let them know the impact of this proposed ban.
The points that need to be made are:
• No piano-manufacturing company is lobbying for the use of ivory.
• No piano companies currently use ivory.
• No piano importers have been found to be attempting to disguise new ivory as old ivory.
• Since the piano industry is not currently involved in any way in the use of new ivory, prohibiting the movement of old pianos with ivory will do nothing to save elephants.
• Use of government funds to discover interstate shipments of old pianos with ivory will unfairly target owners of old pianos and reduce the resources available to stop illegal ivory trafficking.
Over the past 35 years, piano technician Sally Phillips has worked in virtually every aspect of the piano industry—service, retail, wholesale, and manufacturing. In her role as a concert-piano technician, she has tuned and prepared pianos for concert and recording work in such venues as Town Hall, Alice Tully Hall, and the Kennedy Center, and for such orchestras as the Cincinnati Symphony, the BBC Concert Orchestra, and the Vienna Philharmonic. At present, Phillips lives in Kentucky and works throughout the southeastern U.S. She can be contacted at email@example.com
To comment on any article, go to Larry's Blog.
Brookside Press LLC
P.O. Box 4916
Palm Springs, CA 92263 USA
Copyright 2014 Brookside Press LLC.
All rights reserved.